Wednesday, August 11, 2010

whew!!!

A lovely friend made it possible for me to see the musical Fela! on my recent trip to NY (twice!)

I feel so full creatively and remembered Robin Swicord (screenwriter of Memoirs of a Geisha) saying whenever you feel writer's block, it's because you're empty, and you need to see a show, go to a museum, do something - anything to re-fill your tank so you can flow again.

Having submitted two screenplays last month and about to start on revisions, as well as prepping several TV shows, I really did feel burnt out. But a little NYC ( my favorite medicine) and a fantastic show and I feel like, I'm back.

If you're stuck creatively (and it's not procrastination - different issue), I can vouch for Robin's advice. Go see a great show. Go to a comedy show. The museum. It works really.

Here's a little of Fela to get you on your way...

No comments:

Post a Comment