Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Admission...


I went to an astrologer a few years ago as a birthday gift from my mother. The "astrologer" was really just her friend Jackie, but apparently she really knows her stuff.

Jackie told me about how artists should meditate every day and made some time predictions which didn't really come out the way I was thinking they would.

But then she told me there's a director, born under the same sign as "you who wants to help you as a mentor. He's passed, but his essence is still close to the earth."

I'm not really big on talking to dead people, but go on.

She said that when I get stuck with something to just ask him for his help. I asked her who it was she said there was a name that I wanted it to be when she first started talking and I should look him up and see if he's my same sun sign. Well, I did and it was Billy Wilder.

I have not taken much advantage of this cosmic connection, so I'll ask him now, how did you get to be so prolific? Can you whisper me in my ear when I write and make me somewhere in the vicinity of almost as talented as you were? Can you listen when I gripe about how different it is in my day, and then lean over and say in that heavy accent, yes, but get to work anyway.

I'm starting a new writing project today and am about to embark on two big rewrites, I'd like to invite you to give me little nudge when I'm missing something and ideas that you think might make the whole thing better. Thanks.

nzingha

So, afraid of going it alone, I have decided to enlist the help of the deceased. Good I guess since once feature project I'm involved in is about zombies. Are there any creative souls you would like to ask for assistance from in the great beyond? Let me know who in the comments, maybe they can have coffee together.



Below is the previous post with Wilders Top Ten Screenwriting tips. I believe they're all you need.

1 comment:

  1. "confusing poverty with misery" - Boy if I could've used this clip for a certain theatre class @ Fordham University while studying the timeless work of art that is Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun"..

    ReplyDelete